A leading global beer brewer, active in more than 192 countries.
At a production site that brews and fills 12 million hectolitres of beer in bottles, cans and cags per year, the company faced several challenges. For example, processes were too complex, there were inventory availability issues and grey stocks across the facility. Overall, the brewer suffered from a lack of insight in the MRO supply.
At the start of the partnership, MAG45 performed a thorough Scan of the current situation in collaboration with the customer. Using extensive data analysis and simulations and on-site interviews with key stakeholders and process owners, we established a clear baseline of today's situation. From the baseline, we formulated key improvement areas, and MAG45 proposed tailored solutions to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership.
After a thorough validation and evaluation process by all stakeholders involved, the proposed solutions were implemented. A detailed change management and project plan, led by our dedicated project team ensured a seamless transition towards the optimized situation. The following solutions have been installed:
- On-site storeroom management with 4 FTE
- Process redesign removing unneeded (double) workload
- Install Kanban and Vending Machines near the point of use to reduce walking times for end-users
- Pro-active collaboration with internal departments to streamline and optimize processes
- Data integrity improvement in collaboration with the supply chain and using item criticality assessment tools
- Periodical recalculation of inventory settings and advices to optimize availability against minimal costs
- Usage registration improvements to improve item availability (e.g. using RFID solutions)
- Grey/black stock identification and registration throughout the production plant
The availability of parts has significantly increased, potentially increasing the production uptime. Thanks to the Kanban solution engineers spend less time walking and searching for parts. Processes have been standardised and simplified in order to increase efficiency.